Capital of Sicilian Baroque
UNESCO site since 2002. Noto is an attractive historical town in the South-East of Sicily renowned for the gorgeous Baroque architecture and the typical city style. The origin of the ancient Noto (Neai) date back to XVIII-XV century b.C., in the Neolithic age, before the Greek and Roman civilization. The current Noto was built in the XVIII century as residential location for rich and aristocratic families after the terrific earthquake of 1693, which destroyed most of the towns in the South-East of Sicily. Visiting Noto is an amazing and enjoyable experience: history, architecture, light, colors, relaxing atmosphere and typical Sicilian specialties (food and pastries, wine, cannoli, granite, gelati...). Every corner is a seductive background for selfies, portraits, photos, videos ... and this also makes Noto a Sicilian location to discover and enjoy.
As option we suggest the visit of Vendicari Natural Reserve with beautiful fine sand beaches and the fishermen village of Marzamemi with typical seafood restaurants (customized itinerary available on demand).
*** Photography itinerary
- Full day excursion together with Siracusa (options and customized itinerary available on demand)
- Full day excursion together with Vendicari and Marzamemi (options and customized itinerary available on demand)
Main attractions in the city:
- Royal Gate Ferdinandea
- Church San Francesco dell'Immacolata
- Church Santissimo Salvatore
- The City Hall
- Cathedral San Nicolo'
- Noble Palace Nicolaci
- Church San Domenico
- Restaurants/taverns, bars/pastry shops with typical delicious specialties
Natural attractions (option):
- Vendicari - natural reserve with gorgeous fine sand beaches
- Marzamemi - fishermen village with typical restaurants
Information/Price/Booking (private customized tour with departure from Taormina area)
Please Click Here for Information / Price / Booking